[U-Boot-Users] Question about Bad CRC

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 21 20:43:15 CEST 2008

In message <7773DF3D5AD05647B155E7F56554B45CB35ED6 at srvhouexc13.nov.com> you wrote:

> I know that with UBoot, to fix the Bad CRC, all you have to do is to
> type saveenv during the boot process. However, what if someone does not
> have access to a terminal to be able to type in the saveenv command?

If you don't have access to the  console,  you  won;t  even  see  the
warning  message,  so  just ignore it and continue to use the default
environment. Where's the problem?

> Basically, I want to know of a way that a Bad CRC can be fixed without a
> user having to interact with the boot up process.

You can do tricks like defining a CONFIG_PREBOOT command equivalent to
this one:

	=> setenv preboot 'setenv preboot;saveenv'

At the time of the next boot this will first delete this setting (so
it's run exactly once only), and then save the environment.

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C8BB67.BD30E8ED

Please don't post HTML here!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
How many hardware guys does it take to change a light bulb? "Well the
diagnostics say it's fine buddy, so it's a software problem."