[U-Boot-Users] Booting in reverse order

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Wed May 28 04:51:05 CEST 2008

raajesh.n at indiatimes.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have installed new u-boot boot loader in a customized board , upon
> booting from flash we are observing  that all which is displaying is
> in reverse order , we are not able find what is exact problem. we
> checked the endiness of the compiled code, It was compiled in little
> endian mode.
>
> Any suggestion would be appreciated .
>
> Best Regards,
> Rajesh

Ditto what Ben said about lacking information.

If your board is booting and sending characters out the serial channel
as your message implies, congratulations, all the hard stuff is working.
  I would look at your serial driver: how you get the characters out of
memory and stuff them in the UART.  Guessing with too little data:
something in that area is getting byteswapped (or not byteswapped)
wrongly.  Another remote possibility is that your compiler (linker?) is
storing strings byteswapped in memory for some strange reason.

Good luck,
gvb