[U-Boot-Users] Command history no longer working

Hugo Villeneuve hugo.villeneuve at lyrtech.com
Thu May 29 20:29:28 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have observed that after this commit, the command history is no longer
working:

---
commit 597f6c26a18b389903a64692bacbf9a1ca69355b
Author: James Yang <James.Yang at freescale.com>
Date:   Mon May 5 10:22:53 2008 -0500

    Fix readline_into_buffer() with CONFIG_CMDLINE_EDITING before
relocating

    When CONFIG_CMDLINE_EDITING is enabled, readline_into_buffer()
doesn't
    work before relocating to RAM because command history is written
into
    a global array that is not writable before relocation.  This patch
    defers to the no-editing and no-history code in
readline_into_buffer()
    if it is called before relocation.
---

Based on the comments, I dont understand why it ceases to work because,
in my case, U-Boot runs entirely from RAM (it is copied from flash to
RAM by a first stage bootloader).

I have CONFIG_CMDLINE_EDITING defined.

Hugo V.

Hugo Villeneuve
Hardware developer | Concepteur matériel
Lyrtech
Phone/Tél. : (1) (418) 877-4644 #2395
Toll-free/Sans frais — Canada & USA : (1) (888) 922-4644 #2395
Fax/Téléc. : (1) (418) 877-7710
www.lyrtech.com
Infinite possibilities…TM