[U-Boot-Users] u-boot and Linux kernel forward compatibility is unsure?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 30 11:31:23 CEST 2008

In message <c384c5ea0805291600v28d281d2o2b65068a0cb88651 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I wonder if this is a common use and if it makes sense to implement
> this for mainstream u-boot, or is this very specific?

This is common use, and U-Boot already support it. See the bootcount
feature (http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootBootCountLimit), and
read about alternative images in the new image format
(doc/uImage.FIT/*).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
They're usually so busy thinking about what  happens  next  that  the
only  time they ever find out what is happening now is when they come
to look back on it.                 - Terry Pratchett, _Wyrd Sisters_