[U-Boot] MACB and DM9000 support for AT91SAM9260

Frank van der Schoot frank.van.der.schoot at microkey.nl
Wed Sep 3 16:26:24 CEST 2008

This is certainly a good option, maybe I try to make the dm9000x-driver
a eth_device. But if this is too hard than this will be my fall-back
scenario.

{-------
I think that the mac address of the dm9000 is on the eeprom. Linux write

it using
ethtool. Take a look at the dm9000_write_eeprom in the linux code. I
think that if you want
to use enviroment variable of u-boot, you must write in the eeprom only
if the value is different
from the enviroment variable.
> assuming dm9000 has something similar, you'll just have to call both
of
> them from board_eth_init() in the order you prefer.
>
> Haavard

Michael