[U-Boot] running u-boot from SDRAM

Roman Mashak romez777 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 13:49:09 CEST 2008

Hello,

I need to port U-Boot on the platform, consisting of master and
daughter boards. Master boards runs WinCE; daughter board features
SoC, based on ARM926EJ-S, on-chip SDRAM and ROM. Master launches
daughter board by downloading binary image of bootcode in to the
on-chip SDRAM, then does remap (i.e. 0x0 points at SDRAM) and boot
loader starts off.

Therefore I'm wondering -- will U-Boot be fine with such a boot mode,
usually systems start from flash (NOR or NAND), but here it's in RAM.
I believe it should be OK, but just want to make sure.

Looking forward to receiving feedback from you.
Thanks.

--
Roman Mashak