[U-Boot] u-boot 1.2.0 -> 1.3.4 migration

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 04:11:18 CEST 2008

Alexander Danilov wrote:
> My bsp for u-boot 1.2.0 for AMCC PPC440EPx custom board works. I've
> moved all bsp code to current u-boot version (1.3.4). All works fine
> but I am getting program check exception when sending or receiving
> packet over ethernet (EMAC0).
> I've tryed to debug it but ethernet works when bdm connected.
> What was changed in ethernet code for ppc4xx after 1.2.0?

What initialization does your BDM debugger do that your start up code
does not do?

I don't know what BDM you are using and am not very familiar with the
4xx family, but Best Practices is to create a minimal BDM config and use
that, especially when things work with the BDM plugged in but not when
running bare.

If that doesn't help, git bisect.

HTH,
gvb