[U-Boot] LAN Timeout

JerryVanBaren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Wed Sep 10 13:36:24 CEST 2008

Anatolij Gustschin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Manuel Sahm wrote:
>
>> does anybody have an idea to fix this problem ?
>>
>> Which paramter is for the "lan connection timeout" ?
>
> Try to decrease CFG_MACB_AUTONEG_TIMEOUT in drivers/net/macb.c
> to 500000 or so. It is currently 5000000 which results in
> 5 sec. timeout in macb_phy_init() and also in macb_phy_reset().
>
> Best regards,
> Anatolij

Caution: don't reduce it to less than 2 seconds.  The minimum PHY
autonegotiation time is 2 seconds per definition by the standard: if you
read the standard and add all the delays together, the sum is 2 seconds.

I've never seen a PHY take noticeably longer than 2 seconds for
autonegotiation, but there is a world of PHYs out there that I've never
tried.

Best regards,
gvb