[U-Boot] [ELDK] Serial console on Lite5200

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 03:19:52 CEST 2008

Chuan Neng Lee wrote:
> Hi, I have a board that is based on the Lite5200b design,
> except that the serial console is on PSC4 instead of PSC1.
> Using the latest U-boot and latest kernel, I managed to get
> U-boot to output on the console on PSC4, but the kernel
> does not.
>
> For U-boot, I changed the CONFIG_PSC_CONSOLE definition to
> "4" instead of "1" and also changed the PSC4 port mode from
> USB to serial port.  When that worked, I then uncommented the
> kernel's lite5200b.dts section for serial at 2600 (PSC4), thinking
> that would do it.  However, it is not sufficient.  What am I
> missing?
>
> Thank you!
>
> - C N Lee

I presume you fixed the /aliases node to point to serial at 2600 too?  Odd,
there isn't an /aliases node in the kernel lite5200.dts.  I may not know
what I'm talking about.  How do you specify the console to linux?  (That
is a rhetorical question.  I don't know myself.)

Oh, and I see you posted to the eldk list, it should have been posted to
the u-boot list (I cross posted this reply).

Best regards,
gvb