[U-Boot] [fw_printenv should open device as O_SYNC]

Martijn de Gouw martijn.de.gouw at prodrive.nl
Thu Sep 11 17:07:21 CEST 2008

Hi

> We are using ATCA equipment and those boards have redundant boot banks
> and they are managed by IPMI controllers.
> So while you are you are running Linux, you can change the boot banks
> for next restart through set boot options IPMI command.
> The problem arises when we write the U-Boot env variables using
> fw_setenv and immediately send the IPMI command to switch the
> boot bank.

This is a flaw in the IPMI software implementation, the IPMI controller
should only switch banks when the payload power is off.

Regards, Martijn de Gouw

Disclaimer: The information contained in this email, including any attachments is
confidential and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and