[U-Boot] Merge window questions

Peter Tyser ptyser at xes-inc.com
Thu Sep 11 17:55:23 CEST 2008

Hello,
I'm assuming the merge window has been closed based on
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/ReleaseCycle and the fact that
v2008.10-rc1 has been tagged.

Does U-Boot accept new drivers/board support patches (ie new features
which can't regress) outside of merge windows, or only bug fixes?

My understanding for the Linux kernel is that self-contained
drivers/features are sometimes accepted after the merge window as they
shouldn't cause the kernel to regress as no "old" code is using them.

I have patches for a new MPC8572-based board and was wondering if I
should go ahead and send them out now, or wait until the next release in
~a month.  I see other non-bugfix patches still being sent to the
mailing list which gave me a glimmer of hope of getting the changes in
the upcoming 2008.10 release:)

Thanks for any insight,
Peter