[U-Boot] ctrl-c detection (on 4xx platforms)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 12 11:08:51 CEST 2008

Dear Matthias Fuchs,

In message <200809120955.10866.matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com> you wrote:

> when I disable CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_KEYED ctrl-c checking is not disabled.

I think there is one "dis" ot "not" too many.

> We are using CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_KEYED to have a special key (SPACE) to
> abort autoboot and not the 'any' key.

I thought so.

> Is there any special reason why ctrl-c checking is disabled for CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_KEYED?

Excellent question. Next question, please.

I think the rationale behind this is to prevent users from getting an
interactive  prompt  by  just  pressing  ^C  -   the   intention   of
CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_KEYED  is  similar to a login with password - without
the correct password you are denied access to an  interactive  inter-
face.

But if you could use ^C as soon as the bootcmd  has  started  -  what
should  happen  next?  We cannot simply drop you into the interactive
shell?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When the ax entered the forest, the trees said, "The handle is one of
us!"                                               -- Turkish proverb