[U-Boot] File System

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 12 16:20:00 CEST 2008

Dear "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien_Chr=E9tien?=",

In message <319b0ac50809120659w7d274563i48ac75fad6795820 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I installed u-boot on my ppc board. How can I boot linux with a ide compact
> flash ? Is ext2 supported by u-boot ?
> If yes how can I mount a partition ?

You probably want to read the manual first.

If compact flash is supported or not depends on your board
configuration.

ext2 is available if enabled in your board config file.

You do not mount anything in U-Boot. You use the respective "???load"
command to load a file from a file system to ram.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If some day we are defeated, well, war has  its  fortunes,  good  and
bad.
	-- Commander Kor, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7