[U-Boot] Silent booting of Uboot and Linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 14 17:27:34 CEST 2008

Dear "Rajeev Bansal",

In message <1E3D081C7B502B4A988F643E604CF963244F7D at INDEXCH.corp.proxim.com> you wrote:

> I am using u-boot-1.2.0.I want to boot U-boot and Linux Kernel silently
> ie. with no much print on the serial console. For that to happen I tried
> to recompile the u-boot source with CONFIG_SILENT_CONSOLE and set the
> silent environment variable using "setenv silent 1" and "saveenv". But
> when I boot my kernel it still throws the same ammount of prints on the
> console. I don't want to disable the console completely by not passing
> console argument to my kernel. Kindly help me on this.

Did you try to (1) RTFM and (2) search the archives?

For example, try passing a "quiet" boot argument to Linux.

And note tlat Linux questions are actually off topic here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Es gibt immer genug fuer die Beduerfnisse aller, aber  niemals  genug
fuer die Gier einzelner.                                    -- Ghandi