[U-Boot] iMX31 nand driver

Magnus Lilja lilja.magnus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:18:47 CEST 2008

Hi

2008/9/12 Fabio Pavanati <fabio.pavanati at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm designing a board that uses a i.MX31 and a Nand Flash conected to the
> Nand Flash controller of i.MX31.
> I use git to get latest revision of u-boot code, and apply the patches to
> get mx31 nand drivers from *Magnus Lilja *posted at *Wed Aug 6 14:19:20 CEST
> 2008* mailing list.
> I got u-boot + nand drivers compiled, but when I run it I got weird results
> when reading flash, like data is reading in reverse order in buffer. I think
> that, in a blank Flash, I would get 0xffffffff on starting addresses
> (0x00000000), but i was getting 0x30303030. More strange is that if I read
> address 0xB8000000 after 'nand read', I'll get same content of buffer memory
> where I put the result of nand read. Below I put some capture what I did.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean, but 'nand read'
instructs the i.MX31 NFC to read a page from the flash and the i.MX31
will fill the buffers at 0xB8000000. The nand driver will then copy
the data from 0xB8000000 to the destination SDRAM location
(0x80000000).

> Could you know told me if it is ok?
> Sincerely I suspect that is inverted on buffer. 0x30303030 code would must
> be on spare area of NANDFC.

I've been using a JTAG debugger to erase and program the PDK NAND
flash (also a large page device) and the JTAG debugger (from
ronetix.at) and U-boot seem to agree on how to place the data. Using
U-boot I read back data using 'nand read' and then compared that data
with what I programmed.

Regards, Magnus