[U-Boot] canyonlands u-boot ibm-iic question

Ayman M. El-Khashab ayman at elkhashab.com
Thu Sep 18 18:14:19 CEST 2008

Hopefully this is on topic for this list.  I am using the canyonlands
with the included u-boot.  I've made a change to the kernel so that I
can use the iic device (namely added the 460ex to the compatibility
list) with a name matching the one in canyonland.dts

It seems to print out when it books Linux, but gives an error as
shown here - I am unsure what I need to add to the device tree to
get past this point.

ibm-iic 4ef600700.i2c: no index specified
ibm-iic: probe of 4ef600700.i2c failed with error -22
ibm-iic 4ef600800.i2c: no index specified
ibm-iic: probe of 4ef600800.i2c failed with error -22

SEcondly, and I know this is probably not on-topic, How do you access
the I2C from userspace?  Or how would I read/write the eeprom?

thank