[U-Boot] [patch 0/3] Improve stability USB memory sticks for the common OHCI USB layer.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 21 20:24:42 CEST 2008

Dear Remy Bohmer,

In message <3efb10970809190216x65954093h52610ba9bfdc6ec7 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > What about this one ? Isn't this supposed to say something else ?
>
> I get these messages also, and I did not considered that to be a
> problem, because everything works...

Oh, but this *is* a problem. It is not the normal output of that
command.

> I will look into it, but I want to make clear that it is not something
> I broke with my patches.

OK. But it is an unsolved problem.

> I have tested with USB sticks in the range of 256 MB up to 8 GB.
> So, the size should not matter. I tested FAT16 and FAT32.

Indeed, size should not matter at all. Also, the file system type
should not matter at all at this stage.

Partitioning might have in influence int he later steps [even though
it should not, i. e. any issues popping up there are more items on the
list of things that need to be fixed].

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Uncertain fortune is thoroughly mastered by the equity of the  calcu-
lation.                                               - Blaise Pascal