[U-Boot] [ppc4xx] Please pull git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-ppc4xx.git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 21 22:48:22 CEST 2008

Dear Stefan,

in message <200809170600.21510.sr at denx.de> you wrote:

> > AS I understand, this is just a
> > temporary patch including a workaround for aproblem that is not yet
> > understood.
>
> Correct.
>
> > We are not under preassure yet in terms of release schedule.
>
> AMCC wants to ship the new 600MHz boards. This version at least works compared
> to the current version which turns those boards into bricks, since it doesn't
> bootup into the U-Boot prompt. So it definitely is an improvement.

We agree on this. But  I  would  rather  wait  for  a  real  fix  for
mainline.  In  the  meantime,  you  could  keep  this workaround in a
separate branch of your ppc4xx repository.

> I was hesitating here too, but I think its good enough to include this patch
> now. It definitely is a temporary fix and I hope that AMCC provides
> a "better", final patch that fixes this problem soon. Problem is that nobody
> knows how long this could take.

I hope AMCC can still make it for the next release -  we  still  have
nearly 3 weeks plus some time for final testing.

> But in the end it's your call. If you reject this patch as is, then I'll
> revert it in my repository.

Please revert it in the master branch. Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Quantum Mechanics is God's version of "Trust me."