[U-Boot] PrimeCell Peripherals

Roman Mashak romez777 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 14:56:27 CEST 2008

Hello all,

the board I'm porting U-Boot on, has several peripheral devices, which
are, according to datasheet, are based on PrimeCell PLxx blocks (for
example, vector interrupt controller is PL190 based; GPIOs are based
on PL061 block and so on). I understand that PrimeCells are IP cores,
which build up a variety of controllers for peripherals.

Therefore I wonder, how well does U-Boot support ARM's PrimeCell
peripherals? Greping sources gave only a couple of hits. I think these
basic controllers like GPIO, interrupt controller etc., which are
widely used on many ARM based platforms (i.e. (AMBA bus-compliant),
but marked in U-Boot sources with different names or so ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Roman Mashak