[U-Boot] PrimeCell Peripherals

Gururaja Hebbar K R gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Wed Sep 24 03:56:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

> In U-Boot source tree there are number of drivers with
> interrupt service routines running (for example,
> $(U_BOOT)/drivers/net/bcm570x.c) as well as various
> interrupts related macros (some of them not used thought), if
> this is what you mean.
> Perhaps these definitions are for future ?

At $(U_BOOT)/drivers/net/bcm570x.c files header, it says

 * Broadcom BCM570x Ethernet Driver for U-Boot.
 * Support 5701, 5702, 5703, and 5704. Single instance driver.

--> Single Instance Driver. Does this mean it doesn't handle Interrupt.
Sorry I cannot say more as I don't have any knowledge abt this

Also,

CONFIG_BCM570x is used in $(U_BOOT)/include/configs/BMW.h which is a MPC based Board.

May be MPC uses interrupts for its operation inside U-Boot.

Regards
Gururaja