[U-Boot] PrimeCell Peripherals

Gururaja Hebbar K R gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Thu Sep 25 05:54:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

> From: Roman Mashak [mailto:romez777 at gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] PrimeCell Peripherals
> I must've confused you with the question.
No u havent. Sorry to say that u havent checked the code properly

> suppose we build U-Boot for arm920t based target, in such a
> case, two files defining 'do_irq' routine will be in compiled
No it will not be.

in $(UBOOT)/lib_arm/interrupts.c

#ifndef CONFIG_USE_IRQ				---> if not defined
void do_irq (struct pt_regs *pt_regs)
{

in $(UBOOT)/cpu/arm920t/interrupts.c

#ifdef CONFIG_USE_IRQ				---> if defined
#include <asm/proc-armv/ptrace.h>
void do_irq (struct pt_regs *pt_regs)
{

So both are mutual exclusive and finally only one will be compiled.

> Therefore I was wondering how it turns out that in the target
> image one 'do_irq' function exists? Perhaps it's u-boot
> irrelevant question and rather concern GNU toolchains behavior?

Its U-boot code style & GNU Toolchain compiler procedure in handling preprocessor statements.

Regards
Gururaja