[U-Boot] platform configuration

Roman Mashak romez777 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:04:48 CEST 2008

Hello

Reading u-boot's README paper and trying to figure out a few aspects:

(1) as I know the bootloader sets up memory area for argument passing,
initializes it with data structures and fill up with the values. Is
this the structure defined in $(UBOOT)/include/asm-arm/global_data.h,
named 'global_data' ?

(2) this question is a consequence of the first.
'struct bd_info' from $(UBOOT)/include/asm-arm/u-boot.h is a structure
holding board's specific information, am I right?

How is the address of boot parameters determined
("bd->bi_boot_params"). If speaking about Linux, it is defined in
$(LINUX)/arch/arm/mach-xxx/Makefile.boot -- but how is it defined to
be what it is?

(3) can't yet figure out how CONFIG_BOOTARGS  is pulled in. Somwhow it
should get into board's information structure?

Thanks in advance for comments.

--
Roman Mashak