[U-Boot] mpc83xx U-boot questions

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 26 20:05:17 CEST 2008

Hi Yuke,

> Sorry to ask the stupid question. I did study the RTEMS for a while and
> am sure the tool set are correct (from ftp://www.rtems.com), otherwise
> they will not build RTEMS.  All the tools and development are done in
> linux (RHLE5).  I just got this board using U-boot and not sure about
> it. David's manual help a lot. Thanks.

Its not that the questions are stupid, its that they lack
information sufficient to help you. For example,
the toolset ... readers of the list are busy, so expecting us
to follow links and try to interpret which toolset you have
installed is not going to happen. Its better to say,
"I got the tool from this link ...' and it provided
powerpc-linux-gcc version XXX, etc., and then what you've
managed to succeed to do with the tools.

You say that the development is done with RHLE5, but
then that a .exe is created. That seems to be a conflicting
statement. Perhaps you could explain ... are you running
the RTEMs tools under Wine??

Anyway, a good suggestion is to install ELDK and rebuild
U-Boot and update it, even get Linux booted. It may not be
your main goal, but consider it educational :)

Cheers,
Dave