[U-Boot] mpc83xx U-boot questions

Yuke Tian ytian at bnl.gov
Fri Sep 26 20:32:59 CEST 2008

Thanks.

To be specific, I followed the steps to build RTEMS:
1) Download a set of toolsets (gcc-4.2.3, binutils-2.18, newlib-1.16 and
RTEMS specific patches) and build them or use the pre-built rpm toolset
for RHLE5.
2) Download the RTEMS (4.9.0 for the latest version) and use the toolset
to build RTEMS.
3) Compile a RTEMS application,  tailed for specific BSP.  That is where
I get .exe (it is ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500,
version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, not stripped).  I just want to use
the vendor provided U-Boot to download the .exe and get it run. I didn't
expect to rebuilt U-Boot, but that might be educational :-)

Yuke