[U-Boot] ARM+uBoot

mRon tenroh at o2.pl
Sun Sep 28 15:20:11 CEST 2008

Albert ARIBAUD pisze:

> It can mean quite a lot of things, including some horrible death of the
> kernel in very early stages of its initialization, but the most probable
> cause is that the kernel doesn't have a console to display messages to,
> as "booting the kernel" is the last message u-boot displays; whatever
> appears after that is from the kernel.

Hello! Ekhm...I am the person who mailed you yesterday about uBoot :). I
successfully flashed the Lacie - I mean that now it recognises the
flash. I am able to save environment variables, but it hangs after the
message I previously wrote.

> What are the complete parameters that you pass the kernel? Is it
> configured to use the same physical console as u-boot uses?

I have already tried:
setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda7 rw
setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda7 ro
setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200

//on sda7 I have Debian

combining with loading the kernel via these commands:

setenv serverip 192.168.0.46;
setenv ipaddr 192.168.0.80;
tftp 400000 sda6

//sda6 is raw image of original Lacie's uImage

Cheers,
mRon