[U-Boot] ARM Versatile port - possibly inefficient code?

Hebbar gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Tue Sep 30 12:10:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

>>Regardless of CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS value, the only first bank is
>>configured. Was it done deliberately or it's logical flaw? I think
>>is code could cloned on a multiple of other platforms.

ARM Versatile has only one flash bank.
What if a user has configured an incorrect number for flash banks.
The driver should take care of this properly. Since CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS
is in a different place & the flash.c is a different file, care is taken to
see
that an incorrect bank is not considered for initialization

also,

>>panic ("configured too many flash banks!\n");
this error message clearly explains the mistake the user did.

Regards
Gururaja