[U-Boot] Maillist issue of u-boot at lists.denx.de

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Wed Apr 1 13:53:09 CEST 2009

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 April 2009 06:12:21 Marco wrote:
>> Mmmm....and I receive your post just now...maybe a problem with the list
>> that doesn't send the post to the author, the most important thing is
>> however that everybody can read it.
>
> ive received both of the imls util e-mails in question.  as for the list not
> sending to the author, i receive my own posts all the time.  maybe you changed
> something in your personal mailman settings.
> -mike

...or your corporate mail scanner is classifying it as spam and throwing
it away for you.  I get a few u-boot list emails stuck in my "Junk
E-mail" box every month.

I see Marco is on gmail: I've found gmail (via imap) does *not* show you
the email you sent when it comes back via the list.  When I looked into
this, I found that gmail's threading display shows what I sent as
expected.  My imap client (tbird FWIIW) does *not* show the email I sent
nor the response back from the list.  From this behavior, I would
speculate that google's method of mail handling and thread tagging
recognizes the return message as the "same" as the original sent message
and doesn't tell my tbird client that it has a new message (it arguably
isn't new).

FWIIW, I have not found any solution to the gmail/imap mail suppression.

Best regards,
gvb