[U-Boot] release timing wrt linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 2 13:40:09 CEST 2009

Dear Mike,

In message <200904020716.34368.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> can we shorten/elongate (doesnt matter to me) the next release process ?  the
> original time frame was picked so as to not overlap with the linux kernel, but
> the current merge window did exactly that :(.

Yes, I'm aware of this, but at least it's not our fault. We've been
releasing mostly on schedule, it was the Linux kernel releases that
shifted and shifted...

Shorten is IMHO not an option, but we can delay it.

Please suggest where and when? Make this merge window longer  by  one
week, and this testing phase longer by two weeks?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
We do not colonize. We conquer. We rule. There is no  other  way  for
us.
	-- Rojan, "By Any Other Name", stardate 4657.5