[U-Boot] core ticks/timer code

Scott McNutt smcnutt at psyent.com
Thu Apr 2 15:09:36 CEST 2009

>>> How about just calling it HZ (or something more verbose like TIMER_HZ,
>>> but the former makes it easier to share code with Linux) and declaring it
>>> in a non-board header?
>> It's OK with me. Other opinions?
>
> Obviously only like-minded people around.

I'm not particular ... and please don't mistake my sometimes dry
sense of humor as complaining ... that's rarely my intent .... but
please don't use a name that implies it is configurable. I learned
the hard way that it is not. ;-)

If the value truly represents clocks per tick, or milliseconds per
tick, and the value is always fixed, something along those lines
would certainly be appropriate.

Best Regards,
--Scott