[U-Boot] Problem booting image + device tree (MPC5200B)

Nandini Hengen nhengen at hengen-ingenieure.de
Thu Apr 2 15:14:49 CEST 2009

Thanks for the tip. I gather that the U-Boot version I'm using (1.2.0) is
appropriate for my hardware revision
in combination with the phycore-MPC5200B-tiny module as per the link sent by
Pengutronix

> The OSELAS.BSP-Phytec-phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny-5 release should be still
> sufficient for you. If you can use this board support package (userland
> and
> kernel), you can start to try more recent kernels as the next step.

I also installed 2.6.20 from kernel.org and applied the kernel-patches from
the OSELAS.BSP-Phytec-phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny-5.
I created a kernel image with ARCH=powerpc and
CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-603e-linux-gnu- and the config file as present in
configs/phytec.......defconfig
The dtb file was created using the installation of dtc present by default
with the 2.6.29 kernel sources. The same problem occurs even with kernel
2.6.20.

I have not used the Oselas tool-chain or ptxdist as yet. U-Boot 1.2.0 with
patches could be installed onto flash memory and images transmitted even
without. Is this essential to get a kernel image to boot on the module? I'm
enclosing a logfile with my boot messages in case it's some very evident
version conflict I've overlooked.

Best regards,

Nandini