[U-Boot] Uboot bringing an RTOS instead of linux.

rahanesh at tataelxsi.co.in rahanesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Fri Apr 3 16:56:50 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I am currently working on OMAP3530 fromMistral solutions. This is the
booting sequence in OMAP3530

The OMAP3530 contains a boot ROM starting at location 0x00000000.  When
power on, the PC register jumps there.  The boot ROM then looks at the
sys_boot pins to determine boot order.  For NAND booting,

 the x-loader is located at offset 0 in NAND.  Actually the first two words
in NAND are the length of the x-loader and the address in internal RAM to
load it.  The boot ROM then reads the x-loader from NAND into

internal RAM and jumps to that.  The x-loader configures the clocks and
SDRAM and then reads u-boot from NAND into SDRAM.  After u-boot is in SDRAM,
the x-loader jumps to u-boot and u-boot starts to run. If

I don't press any key for 4 seconds uboot brings linux and linux shell comes
up.

Instead of linux I need to bring my custom RTOS. As linux, custom RTOS will
reside in NAND Flash too.

What is the procedure for bringing an OS from uboot.? As uboot bringing
Linux , it needs to bring an RTOS too.

How do I write a script for that? How do I tell uboot to load My custom rtos
instead of linux. I need to avoid the loading of linux and bring in my RTOS
.

Any help on this is highly appreciated

Thanks

Rahanesh

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
 recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy
 all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.