[U-Boot] Help about a simplified bootloader.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 3 19:51:53 CEST 2009

Dear os user,

In message <34f262ce0904022344u6e27ad07g8263785dd36acb58 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I want to boot linux by a simplified bootloader. I use Atmel's ARM
> chip (AT91SAM9RL64EK board). Now, I can boot linux with my small
> program. The small program will parse the image generaed by "mkimage"
> and sometimes the sytem even crashed when R/W filesystem.
>
> But with the same linux kernel and rootfile system, if I use U-Boot to
> boot linux, everything seems OK.
>
> Can anyone tell is there any trick that's related with linux NAND
> driver in U-Boot? Or any suggestion to help me moving on?

Well, you already mentioned the solution: either use U-Boot, which
seems to be working fine, or fix your own program such that it
performs the same intializations like U-Boot.

Be careful when copying code from U-Boot - U-Boot is under GPL, and
you may quickly find that you have to release your program under GPL,
too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Maintain an awareness for contribution --  to  your  schedule,  your
project, our company."                         - A Group of Employees