[U-Boot] udelay/udelay_masked problems

Po-Yu Chuang ratbert.chuang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:41:33 CEST 2009

Hi E Robertson,

2009/4/8 E Robertson <e.robertson.svg at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> Is their a problem using udelay in board_init functions?
> When I do this on my at91, arm926ejs board, it seems to be in an endless loop.
> I thought this was a timer issue but I only have this problem with
> board init and not in the drivers.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
I guess the reason is:

start_armboot() in lib_arm/board.c
invokes board_init() in board/atmel/<your at91 baord>/<your at92 board>.c
before interrupt_init() in cpu/arm926ejs/interrupts.c
which invokes timer_init() in cpu/arm926ejs/at91/timer.c.

That means timer_init() is called later than your board_init()

> Is timer_init a arch specific call or should it be board specific for arm?
I have no idea either.

regards,
Po-Yu chuang