[U-Boot] Multiple Flash devices

Ravula Kishor kishor_ravula at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 11:48:19 CEST 2009

I have a NOR Flash used as a boot flash (16MB) and a NAND flash (128MB)to store kernel/rfs on coldfire based custom board . The u-boot is running out of NOR flash but I have problems in enabling NAND support from u-boot. Need clarity on couple of definitions in the board configuration file.

CFG_FLASH_SIZE :
Should it include both NOR+NAND size

CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS:
If there are two flash devices, is it correct to give as 2. Is NAND flash identified as a seperate Bank.

CFG_FLASH_BANKS_LIST :
Should it include both Flash base addresses.

Welcome any other pointers when working with both NOR/NAND Flash.

Thanks in adv.

//Kishor