[U-Boot] Multiple device support -- sorry state :(

ksi at koi8.net ksi at koi8.net
Wed Apr 8 22:18:45 CEST 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Robert Schwebel wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 12:25:16PM -0700, ksi at koi8.net wrote:

> is

> > > supported.

> > > functions,
> > > device in
> > >
> > > [snip the badly scorched spot ;-)]

> As
> > > of now
> even
> do
> > > NOT
> > >
> > > Dumb question because I have not looked seriously at the v2 fork of
> > > u-boot:
> > > how does the v2 fork handle this?  Better?  Since the v2 fork uses
> (or
> > > is
> > > close to) the linux driver model, I would expect it to be better.
> >
> > Nothing's changed here...
> >
> > And that is _NOT_ just USB, it is everywhere -- I2C, SPI, etc. It is
> stiff,
> > inflexible, everything written in stone and that stone is permanently
> set in
> > concrete.
>
> I suppose you didn't look in the right place. We don't even have support
> for i2c and spi in v2 :-)

Ah, that's that forked one! Sorry, my bad... I thought about the new version
of a legacy one that just shuffled source files to put device drivers under
devices/*...

Can you tell me where it lives to clone the repository? I'd rather give up
on v1 entirely because it is not going anywhere...

Do you have a separate mailing list for v2?

---