[U-Boot] use of C99

Larry Johnson lrj at acm.org
Thu Apr 9 01:22:56 CEST 2009

Kumar Gala wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any reason we avoid C99 features in u-
> boot source.

Maybe the best reason is that the Linux kernel avoids them, and staying
consistent with the Linux coding style saves a lot of time and
headaches.  IMO, this is worth the occasional clumsiness that results.

BTW, the Linux kernel does not avoid all C99 features.  For example, it
relies heavily on named initialization of structs.  However, AFAICT, it
shuns those C99 feature that originated in C++.

Best regards,
Larry