[U-Boot] Toolchain for 0map35xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 9 21:41:43 CEST 2009

Dear "Ing.G.Morandi \(Portatile\)",

In message <B4BBC786F9164F6BB1C778A5F3223A67 at Thinkpad01> you wrote:

> Few weeks ago, I've followed a thread on this list regarding the toolchain
> should be used to compile code for omap 35xx.
> Surfing on the net, I've also found a msg of Koen Kooi where he described a
> patch to be applied on /arch/arm/Makefile in order to let gcc 4.3.x work.
>
> Now I am not an expert of toolchain and I didn't understand what is the
> actual status, thus my question is:
> may I use the toolchain coming with the ELDK 4.2 to compile for omap35xx or
> do I have to apply some patches?

I am not aware of any problems when using the ELDK to build code  for
the  OMAP  processors. There may be benchmarks where other toolchains
give some percent betterperformance, but as far as U-Boot or Linux is
concerned that should not be a problem  (if  you  are  even  able  to
measure the difference).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Keep your head and your heart going in the right  direction  and  you
will not have to worry about your feet.