[U-Boot] Linux hangs when uncompressing kernel image: linux-2.6.26

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:07:28 CEST 2009

Hi Marco,

Marco Antônio Possamai wrote:
> Thank you for your quick reply!
>
> Sorry for the missing information. The .dts I'm using is the
> lite5200b.dts that comes along with the linux-2.6-denx kernel (got it at
> git://git.denx.de/linux-2.6-denx.git). What other .dts should I try? I'm
> using the mpc5200b board so it seems fitting that I'm working with
> lite5200b.dts.
>
> There's a lite5200.dts source tree that also comes along with the
> kernel. I've tried with it and got the same results.

1) Please don't top post.

2) Please CC: the u-boot list.  By replying directly to me, you excluded
all the people with real knowledge.

The .dts has to match to board: it is the description of the hardware.
If I understand your message, your board *is* the standard mpc5200b
board (note that I have no idea what a mpc5200b board is, see point #2),
in which case the standard .dts should work.

What debug capability do you have?  Can you dump the linux log buffer
(from memory) after a failed boot?
   <http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxPostMortemAnalysis>

I'm out of easy answers.

Good luck,