[U-Boot] Problem in relocate_code on Xilinx FPGA

Seyyed Mohammad Sajjadi sajjadi335 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 18 10:09:12 CEST 2009

Hi

I am trying to use u-boot on a Xilinx V4FX12 FPGA, in which a ppc405 system is running. The board includes an ST SPI Flash, which I have to use as the only non-volatile memory available (in case important, its Atmark Techno suzaku_v sz410).
I have been able to add the board configuration in u-boot and build an image. But, as ppc405 in xilinx fpga can't but from spi flash, I have to use a first stage bootloader to load u-boot. This seems to be normal in xilinx FPGAs as u-boot in petalinux is loaded to. I thaught, if that's the case, I should be able to load u-boot directly to DDR and test it. But when I do so, u-boot hangs after it reaches relocate_code. I should be missing sth, but don't find it. Could anybody help me?