[U-Boot] [ANNOUNCE] Kconfig support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 20 21:08:40 CEST 2009

Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

In message <20090420120239.GC19818 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:

> > Beyond adding Kconfig's what's left to be done?
> I've write a first batch of the generic Kconfig
> for commmands, env, fs, disk, lib_generic and drivers
>
> I've start to add the at91 arm arch Kconfig files
>
> currently you can generate a .config and su defconfig
>
> the autoconf.h header is generated
> and the Kconfig customisation is started also
>
> I've in mind to start by adding a arm arch with its boards
> and merge them to the defconfig instead of the old way
> but it's not already integreated
>
> it will be nice to help me by doing the same for other arch
> and improve the kconfig integeration and generic file

Can you please start SMALL?

I mean: don't implement EVERYTHING before you post anything. You run
the risk that one of your basic assumptions in the very first patch
might not be accepted, and all the remaining effort is lost and has to
be redone.

Publish your stuff EARLY!!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
An Elephant is a mouse with an Operating System.              - Knuth