[U-Boot] U-Boot for MPC8360E-RDK with 512MB of DDR2 RAM

cmfairfa at rockwellcollins.com cmfairfa at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Apr 20 21:12:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have an MPC8360-RDK board that has 512MB of DDR2 RAM.

I updated the MPC8360ERDK.h file from the latest archive ( 2009.03-rc2) to
add support for the 512MB of RAM. (from the default 256MB).

Basically, I just did the following:

changed CFG_DDR_SIZE from 256 to 512
changed CFG_DDR_CS0_BNDS from 0x0000000f to 0x0000001f
made CFG_IBAT6L and CFG_IBAT6U match IBAT0L and IBAT0U, respectively
(except, I changed the BEPI and BRPN fields to be 0x1000 since the upper
256MB of my RAM should begin at 0x10000000)
set CFG_DBAT6L and CFG_DBAT6U equal to CFG_IBAT6L and CFG_IBAT6U,
respectively.
make with MPC8360ERDK_33_config
then build the U-Boot binary

Lastly, I've verified, using the RAM data sheet, that the other
configuration parameters for the RAM should be identical to the default
values (e.g., row=13, col=10, and timing configurations).

Does anyone have any idea why this doesn't work?

It seems like a pretty trivial update, but it causes U-Boot to hang up at
the "DRAM:" line (see below).

Thanks

Christopher M. Fairfax
Sr. Software Engineer
Rockwell Collins
+1 540-428-3344
+1 540-428-3301
cmfairfa at rockwellcollins.com
This message contains PRIVILEGED AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above.  Any disclosure,
distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by immediate reply and delete the original message.  Thank you.