[U-Boot] [ANNOUNCE] Kconfig support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 20 21:17:08 CEST 2009

Dear Mike,

In message <200904201120.51435.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> i never said "kill it now"; quite the opposite really.  in fact, it looks like
> you really arent taking your own saying to heart.  my point is to look to the
> future and stop wasting resources.  if v1 incorporates all the features of v2,
> then v2 has no purpose at all except to split development and waste peoples
> time.  the approach set out originally was to keep v1 usable while we look at
> getting v2 up to feature parity of v1.  but apparently v2 has no interest at

In my understanding, this has never been the goal for Sascha or
Pengutronix.

> all with the larger community to actually make that happen.  that doesnt sound
> like the open source spirit, that sounds like "i'll play with my toys over
> here and everyone else can do what they like".

But this is a perfectly legal attitude with free software - it  gives
you the freedom to do even that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to  do  a  thing
and to watch someone else doing it wrong, without commenting.
                                                        -- T.H. White