[U-Boot] Enabling smc911x driver

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:11:42 CEST 2009

I'm attempting to enable the smc911x driver for the overo omap3 board.

Looking at the README and a couple of board config files, it seems
that defining CONFIG_DRIVER_SMC911X,  CONFIG_DRIVER_SMC911X_16_BIT (or
32_BIT), and CONFIG_DRIVER_SMC911X_BASE is all that is required.  I
have also enabled CONFIG_CMD_NET, CONFIG_CMD_DHCP and CONFIG_CMD_PING.

The build completes successfully, but it seems that the driver init is
never called, so I assume I am missing something.

Do I need to add an explicit init call to my board or cpu file?  At
first glance I don't see that other boards are doing this.

Thanks!

Steve