[U-Boot] Kconfig menu layout

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 21 22:01:04 CEST 2009

Dear Jon Smirl,

In message <9e4733910904210833u79f3d4dfv2db744916246222e at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> > Dear Jon Smirl,
> >
> > In message <9e4733910904201706u58387d5fod231dd4b8ac88d74 at mail.gmail.com>
> you wrote:
> >>
> >> Everyone will know the vendor of their board. You could alphabetize
> >
> > Really? So who is the board vendor for the MPC8360 board? Freescale or
> > Logic PD?  And who is the vendor for the ADS5121? Freescale or STX?
>
> Read the box when you take the board out.

That doesn't help you. The boards are manufactured by Logic PD resp.
STX, but they are the official Freescale eval boards. You can buy
them here or there, or through an unrelated distributor - so who is
the "vendor"?

Or should  the "ebvbeagle" board I buy from EBV go under "env" or
under "ti" - or, hey, is "omap3" the vendor?

The "vendor" concept is helpful sometimes, but generally useful here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Another dream that failed.  There's nothing sadder.
	-- Kirk, "This side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3