[U-Boot] MPC8548: U-boot "Got error 4" while receiving packets

Ajeesh Kumar ajeesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Apr 22 09:01:40 CEST 2009

Hi,

We are using u-boot for our custom board having MPC8548. Board is able to
come up properly.
MPC connected to DSP via (MPC : RGMII)-SGMII-SGMII-(RGMII : DSP).
We are able to send packets from MPC to DSP successfully, but when DSP
intern sends back to MPC
we are getting below error on u-boot console.
       Got error 4
       Got error 4.

I came to know,
"Got error 4" is a CRC error indication in the status bits of the receive
buffer descriptor (tsec.h).

What might be the problem, Why is it happening so?? Is there a way to get
break through.
Please help us in regard at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards
Ajeesh Kumar