[U-Boot] [ANNOUNCE] Kconfig support

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Wed Apr 22 16:26:12 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

[snip]

> There are broken boards around, too -  of  course.  There  are  those
> board  maintainers  who  simply dump their stuff on us and then never
> show up again with any contributions any more.
>
> I don't know how we could prevent that. It's probably happening  with
> any similar software project. For exampole, do you think all exisitng
> board  configurations  in  the Linux kernel are working, or even com-
> pile-clean?

Note that this happens even worse in the commercial world: how many
printers were thrown in dumpsters because users bought a new computer
running Vista and the printer manufacturer couldn't be bothered to write
a new Vista-clean driver for the printers they had already sold?  They
just said "Sorry, buy a new printer."  That is a very obvious example,
there are tons of other examples.

> Best regards,
> Wolfgang Denk

Ditto,