[U-Boot] Enabling smc911x driver

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Wed Apr 22 17:51:44 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 07:52:40AM -0700, Steve Sakoman wrote:
> Now things seem to initialize properly:
>
> U-Boot 2009.03 (Apr 22 2009 - 07:28:04)
>
> OMAP3503-GP rev 2, CPU-OPP2 L3-165MHz
> Gumstix Overo board + LPDDR/NAND
> DRAM:  256 MB
> NAND:  256 MiB
> In:    serial
> Out:   serial
> Err:   serial
> Initializing ethernet smc911x
> smc911x: initializing
> smc911x: detected LAN9221 controller
> smc911x: phy initialized
> smc911x: MAC 4a:18:56:55:9d:38

How did you set this MAC address? Does the hardware read it from a
connected EEPROM or did you manually set it in your environment. If you
face the latter case, you could try applying the patch I sent in some
days ago. Without that patch, the hardware is not made aware of the
configured address and hence the internal filter will drop all
non-broadcast packets it receives.

With this patch applied, however, the LAN9220 chip works well on our own
PXA design.

Maybe that helps.

Daniel