[U-Boot] UBoot NFS timeout

Christopher McNamara christopher.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 20:30:55 CEST 2009

It is a microblaze on a Xilinx Virtex 5. Not sure what the MAC is
unless it is built into the VITESSE vsc8211 PHY...

The only code on the machine at this time is the UBoot 1.2 image, no
linux kernel.

I was led to believe by the documentation that I could boot the whole
image via nfs, I am faced with a situation where tftp is not allowed
so I was thinking this could be the alternative. (I have a working
linux image, I am just looking for an alternative route to get it to
the board.)

My command is
nfs 0x80000000 xxx.xxx.50.21:/root/Desktop/susenfs/bootme4linux.bin

For what you are saying with the rsize= parameter I wouldn't use this
command but rather change the bootargs parameter like this...

setenv bootargs root=?? rw
nfsroot=177.174.50.21:/root/Desktop/susenfs/bootme4linux.bin,rsize=512,wsize=512,nolock
ip=177.174.50.151

and then do a

loadb

Without the kernel there what would my root= parameter be?