[U-Boot] U-Boot Timer Qualification

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Wed Apr 22 23:28:16 CEST 2009

On 23:08 Wed 22 Apr     , Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,
>
> In message <20090422204936.GB29252 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:
> >
> > 	For all Timer modification a minimun of qualification is mandatory
> > 	as it will impact a lots of part of u-boot.
>
> Maybe you could be so kind and explain what this is actually about?
>
> Who needs this, and why and when, and why didn't we need it the past?
a lot of actual timer are not correct and we have problem on network timeout
as example.

So we need to known the precision of the timer to known the impact on all
timer depends part of u-boot as timeout or bitbanging stack

so when you have to respect some delay to init some chip or other you will to
known the delay you will have in reality. This will avoid you a lots of pain
during the dev

Best Regards,
J.