[U-Boot] Help!Some memory doesn't work on PPC405Ex based board!

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Apr 23 11:55:35 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009, SunNeo wrote:
> Have performed a slow memory post using code in post/drivers/memory.c,
> still no error.

Another idea: Did you also try using DDR autocalibration method A? Standard is
method B but A takes a lot longer. (See the Method_A and Method_B algorithm
discription in the file cpu/ppc4xx/4xx_ibm_ddr2_autocalib.c). Perhaps this
gives some further results.

> I found memsize in post/driver/memory.c has a limit of
> 256MB, so I modify it to 1024M.
>

> Have tried Linux-2.6.29, same result.

Hmmm. You should perhaps try to debug further where exactly this error is
occurring. Via printk's or JTAG debugger. If this error always happens at the
same location it could perhaps be located (if it's not a memory problem) in
the kernel source code.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de